440 Input Unit
Input Unit (440)
The DIGIDIM Input Unit is a DALI-compatible interface designed to allow customer specified switches, sensors, time clocks or other on/off control devices to be incorporated into a DIGIDIM lighting control system. It has 8 volt-free inputs, which can be either momentary or latching, permitting the selection of DALI commands.
- Out-of-box operation using the default functions shown:
Switch 1 Recall Scene 1
Switch 2 Recall Scene 2
Switch 3 Recall Scene 3
Switch 4 Recall Scene 4
Switch 5 Raise light level
Switch 6 Lower light level
Switch 7 Maximum light level
Switch 8 Off
- Status LED gives visual indication of units current
operational mode: normal operation, initialisation,
physical selection or input activation.
- Physical/Mode selection switch.
- Can be used with momentary or latching switches.
- Fully programmable using DIGIDIM Toolbox software.
- The screen (SC) connection on this unit must be connected to earth to ensure correct operation.
- No more than 50 m of cable should be used between the actuating switch and the input to the unit.
Voltage-free Switched Inputs
Connections: 1–8 inputs (active low)
COM Input Ground*
* If required, these connections can be externally linked to provide a common connection
Voltage pins 1–8: 5 V nominal with switch open, must be less than 2 V switch closed
Overload protection: ± 35 V
Short-circuit current: 0.5 mA maximum
Debounce period: 50 ms
DALI: Standard DIGIDIM terminal block, up to 1.5 mm² solid or stranded
Inputs: Up to 4 mm² solid core or up to 2.5 mm² stranded. Maximum cable length should not exceed 50 m on each input.
DALI supply output: None (Use external DALI power supply)
DALI consumption: 10 mA
Dimensions: DIN-rail case 70 mm wide
Weight: 110 g
IP code: IP20
Ambient temperature: 0 °C to +35 °C
Relative humidity: Max. 90 %, noncondensing
Storage temperature: –10 °C to +70 °C
Conformity and standards
EMC emission: EN 55015
EMC immunity: EN 61547
Safety: EN 60950
Isolation: 4 kV
Environment: Complies with WEEE and RoHS directives